Monday, April 14, 2008

What's the deal, Wamu cut my credit line

The home equity fairies were at it again. Sadly they cut into my own heloc. I had a home equity line of credit with an original line of $27,500. Wamu just sent me a letter stating they are cutting my line to $8300. Second mortgage companies are positioning themselves against potential future loses. If you have a credit line now, don't count on it being there in the future. There are no guarantees that you will have it in the future. They can do this, it is written into their mortgage notes.

Don't be surprised if you find a letter in your mailbox stating that your line has been cut down. I have a rental property with a line from National City on it. I guess I will be getting a letter from them soon as well.

GetPrequalified.com

No comments: